60

 Hey! So today is a big day for us. You're turning 60! I have a pretty good feeling that you don't celebrate your birthdays anymore but we do! I've been thinking about this one for a while. A few weeks ago while I was teaching my yoga class at the Cliff Spa, I had a yoga station playing from Pandora on. It was all instrumental music, soft, ethereal, you know- very yoga like until out of the blue the next song that played was Guiding Light by Mumford and Sons! Your favorite band! I know Pandora has algorithms. I even looked it up. "The recommender uses about 70 different algorithms: 10 analyze content, 40 process collective intelligence and then another 30 do personalized filtering. But this! This was a little too much! A serendipitous moment! It felt like a message straight from you! A message saying... Hey, I'm here and I'm glad you are here too. I'm proud of you for being brave, for coming here and not staying away. A very pleasant reminder that you are around and in the details of my life. Lyric after lyric resonated with me as if you were allowing me to know how you feel about me, yet I felt those lyrics applied to you as well. Tears welled up in my eyes but the tears were healing, happy tears!

"Cause even when there is no star in sight-You'll always be my only guiding light. Relate to my youth-Well I'm still in awe of you. Discover some new truth-Now it's always wrapped around you."

In 2019 just 2 two years after you transitioned from this life. Mumford and Sons came to preform in Salt Lake just 2 days before your birthday. My heart broke a little more, knowing that would have been the perfect birthday gift. 

So with the help of Alexa, we put together 60 lines from different Mumford and Sons songs that we believe are a pretty good representation of you! These lines help us feel you, remember you and honor you! Happy Heavenly Birthday. 8.15.22 - I love you. I will be listening to Mumford and Sons all day. 


-Roll out your questions, keep them down (Home)

-Be more like the man you were made to be (Sigh no more) 

-Love, it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you- it will set you free (Sigh no more) 

- My weakness I feel I must finally show (Awake my soul) 

- But your soul you must keep, totally free (Awake my soul) 

- In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die (Awake my soul) 

-Where you invest your love, you invest your life (awake my soul) 

-For you were made to meet your maker (awake my soul) 

- I wrestled long with my youth (hopeless wanderer) 

- I can’t read your mind though I’m trying all the time (woman) 

- I am left in awe of the woman I adore (woman) 

- well I came home, like a stone, and I fell heavy into your arms (I will wait) 

- And I’ll find strength in pain (the cave) 

- Now let me at the truth, which will refresh my broken mind (the cave) 

- Cause even when there is no star in sight, you’ll always be my only guiding light (Guiding light) 

- Discover some new truth, now is always wrapped around you (guiding light) 

- This is never gonna go our way, if i'm gonna have to guess what's on your mind (Believe) 

- But you are not alone in this (timshel) 

- There will come a time, you’ll see, with no more tears (After the storm) 

- Let me learn from where I have been (Below my feet)

-Do you ever think of me in the quiet, in the crowd?-(Where are you now)

-You forgave and I won’t forget (I will wait)

-‘Cause I know that time has numbered my days (Babel)

-Discover some new truth- (Sigh no More)

-Now is always wrapped around you (Guiding Light)

-Don’t let your heart grow cold (Hopeless Wanderer)

-I will call you by name (Hopeless Wanderer)

-I will share your road (Hopeless Wanderer)

-And time, is not on our side (Beloved)

-And in you I have no doubt (Picture You)

-As the night descends, it's always slow again (Woman)

-This is never gonna go our way, if I have to guess what’s on your mind (Believe)

-And there will come a time you’ll see with no more tears (After the Storm)

-I promised you everything would be fine (The Wolf)

-Just promise me that we’ll be alright (Ghosts that we Knew)

-It’s in the eyes (Snake Eyes)

-Don’t tell me that I’ve changed because that’s not the truth-  (Ditmas)

-I am what I am (Not with Haste)

-Is this meant to be (Only Love)

-I can’t promise you that I won’t let you down (Hold on to what you believe)

-My mind finds peace in the shade of your attention - (Rose of Sharon)

-And you saw me low (Only Love)

-Didn’t they say that only love will win in the end (Only Love)

-Relate to my youth, well I’m still in awe of you- (Guiding Light)

-Keep my eyes to serve my hands to learn (Below my Feet)

-So I took you to the city for the night (Broad Shouldered Beasts)

-I knew my weakness (Broken Crown)

-What if I lost all I had? (Feel the Tide)

-Just hold on to what we know is true (Feel the Tide)

-So love with your eyes (Forever)

-Love with your mind (Forever)

-Love with your-dare I say Forever (Forever)

-Well I take your hand inside my hand and hold it tight tonight ( I Take your hand)

-We made mistakes and we’ve know troubles but we’ll leave them all behind (I Take your hand)

-Will you be my Queen? (I Take your hand)

-I know my call, despite my faults and despite my growing fears- (The Cave)

-I had been blessed with a wilder mind- (Wilder Mind)

-To live my life as it’s meant to be- (The Cave)

-I will wait for you (I will wait)

-This is not the end (Sigh no more)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both Sides Now

Competing and Connecting